Wendy's Place

Hello World!! This is my place to post stuff about what's going on with me and my family.

Monday, June 16, 2014

June 14 Tailors & Sunglasses

Spent yesterday in Sunyani Regional Hospital. This is the formal, larger one. I was able to spend the day on the pediatric ward. Saw a lot of sickle cell and malaria kids. Did have one HIV 11 year old who also had severe malnutrition. He was not bigger than Mushi. So sweet, but so sick. Heart went out to him. Hopefully he will receive the care he needs. They are very good at treating HIV here, if the patient is compliant.
On a funner note: two times yesterday the girls were asked if they were boys or girls. When I said they were girls, they asked why do they not where the earring then? Victoria Stephens and Oggie put some in for today’s adventure. Will post again soon. Love you all!
Hey everyone! Sorry for the Africa overload but this experience was too great to not share. Today we went to the market again. We bought fabric and took it to the tailors, to make into custom made dresses and skirts. I am way excited but even cooler, we hung out with some little kids while we were waiting. They were the cutest!!! I’ll put a bunch of the pictures in the Album on here. They were trying on my sunglasses and touching my hair. Not many redheads here. Actually none. Such an awesome experience. Love and miss you all! — with Lisa Morrow Stephens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home