Wendy's Place

Hello World!! This is my place to post stuff about what's going on with me and my family.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 28 #2

We left Sunyani after visiting those sites and hopped on a bus and drove 6 hrs into the Central Park of the country to the Mole National Park. This was awesome. Animals all around. We had to be careful. Our accommodations were in this park. I was standing with a group of people as we were getting our room assignments and had a small plastic bag in my hand with trash from the bus. There were baboons all around. One of them was brazen enough to approach our group and grabbed the bag from my hand!!  Since it was trash she was disappointed (there was a baby holding onto her belly as I noticed later.
Thieving Baboon!
There were also warthogs just roaming around eating the grass just like goats! There were not harmful and they even had babies with them. An elephant also came into the yard. It wasn't huge but not a baby either. There are monkeys around as well and you have to watch your food when you are eating at the outdoor dining room. I also went on a safari ride thru the rest of the park. We saw antelope, deer, monkeys and baboons. We were just like in pictures where we sit on top of a 4x4. It was cool! I also took the leap and slept overnight in a treehouse in the jungle.
Treehouse in the African Jungle!
We had to walk about 1 1/2 miles to get to it. We had a guide and he had a rifle! It was pretty cool! Didn't get much sleep. The animals and birds were pretty noisy! We heard a hyaena during the night! We visited a typical village during the day. It was sad to see people living in such poverty.  We met the Village Chief and saw how they made Shea butter. So cool! The houses are made of clay and Shea butter and the roof is from tree branches!  The hotel facilities were pretty elementary. They have limited water so it is only on for a few hours each day and it is a trickle. The provide large plastic buckets of  water for you to take 'bucket' showers with and to flush the toilet. So with the limited water and the same clothes for 4 days, I am sooo very happy to now be in Kumasi! It has been an awesome adventure thus far. Took us about 8 hours on the bus to get here. I have pictures on my camera and my phone so will post when I can get access to my daughters laptop and now that we have internet in this location. Will post again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home